So You Want To Be A Homesteader

12:49



Welcome to the club.


Hi I'm Valerie and 2 years ago me and the hubs moved to the country with a whole slew of animals and kids in tow.

                                   Easter, Orr Family Farm

As a child I loved spending weeks in the Country with my Great Aunt and cousins and knew someday when I grew up that's where I wanted my home to be.

We live on  10 acres out in the county near the most cantankerous town I've ever been to. My hubby grew up here and boy is it full of adventures while we are learning to rough it out in the country.

                                  Pygmy goats

We raise goats, inherit dumped dogs, feed the entire areas barn cats and work our hineys off to grow a large portion of our own food in the worst soil possible that is full of sandrock.

If it all goes well our rural nursery will be up and running by Spring.

Life in the country is no picnic but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I'd love it if you join me on our journey of making the farm our home and living off the land. 

If decorating, cooking, and DIY projects are your thing make sure to visit me over at my other blog Cottage Making Mommy.

Here I will share our stories and post tutorials on how to learn to live off or not live off the land.

Whether you live in an apartment, a city lot, or any size acreage...homesteading can begin right where you are.

Welcome to the farm.

Hugs and Howdy,

Valerie


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh my gosh!
    I didn't even know about this blog.
    Most excellent, Valerie. I love your story.
    And 10 acres is pure heaven.
    Hugs & Bugs, Me.

    ReplyDelete

Disclosure


I'm not your mother, your doctor, your banker, or your lawyer so make sure you are responsible in using the information you learn here.

Like us on Facebook

Copyright

All photos and posts are the property of their creators. CMM Homesteads grants non-exclusive use of one photo and up to 50 words from posts with attribution and link back to the original post on this site.

Subscribe and Follow